Natick Patch spells out what's in State Rep. David Linsky's bill:
· Requires that all large capacity weapons and grandfathered assault weapons must be stored at gun clubs or target ranges.
· Requires live shooting as part of the curriculum for a basic firearms safety course; this is not a current requirement.
· Requires all applicants for gun licenses and FID cards to sign a waiver of mental health records for review to be destroyed after decision.
· Imposes 25% sales tax on ammunition, firearms, shotguns, and rifles; dedicates funds towards firearms licensing, police training, mental health services, and victim’s services.
· Brings Massachusetts into compliance with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
· Limits gun buyers to one firearm purchase per month.